To back up the Excellence themes presented at awareness-raising sessions, training, workshops, conferences, etc. with storytelling, Pilgrim Support has selected stories that have certain points in common. They have to:
- Captivate and hold attention
- Facilitate understanding and memorisation
- Promote buy-in
- Increase involvement
- Encourage action (*)
We've brought all of these points together in stories:
- That are true and authentic: nothing else has the power of a first-hand testimonial
- In which teams, individuals and leaders show the best of themselves in (often) difficult circumstances
The credibility and power of these stories are enhanced with:
- Photos, videos and period audio files
- Drawings (comic strips)
In addition to many targeted short stories and anecdotes, we also have three full-length stories that can be used as a common thread for an intervention or a training journey.
(*) You can explore these characteristics and many other fascinating teachings in the excellent book Made to stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath.